Don't Make Change too Complicated: Just Begin!




Sunday, February 22, 2009

Made it to Mardi Gras

I rode with the Team again on Saturday. We had several choices of rides. The longest ride I have done so far since the accident is about 20 miles. The longer ride on Saturday was 30 miles and it included a 4 mile uphill with a 3% grade. Since the hills got me the previous ride, I was determined that they would not get me this time.....AND they did not! I felt quite strong and happy riding and I got to know some of the new team members!

On the way back I realized that I had my kick and put it into overdrive and was
able to keep my pace up and my heart rate up right where it needed to be! I am feeling more confident about my body and my shoulder stability! This is the first week that I have gone without the kineseo taping on my shoulder and it seems to be responding well. I see the surgeon on 2/23 to see how I am progressing! I am doing well, that is clear ...and I hope he can see the end in sight as far as my recovery is concerned!

I was unsure whether I would be able to put on high heels and kick them up at a Mardi Gras party that evening after the ride...but I did just that and had a blast...meeting old friends and making some new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment