Don't Make Change too Complicated: Just Begin!




Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Tortoise and the Hare



Yesterday when I turned the TV on, every channel had football.  So, I turned to PBS thinking I would get an alternative...and I happened upon a children's program that was teaching children about winning and loosing. I'm sure you know the story of the tortoise and the Hare.  One was fast and the other .... VERY slow.  It is logical to think that the Hare won...but  it did not.  The tortoise won.  We know the saying "Slow and steady wins the race."  Words like patience, perseverance and endurance come to mind.

As I rebuild from a long illness and weight gain, I am reminded of the above.  That  constant improvement takes time, tenaciousness and a stubborn willingness to keep at it day by day accepting incremental  results.

I think as a culture we are used to instant results.  We want a pill or a potion or a miracle to improve whatever ails us.  But most often none of these happen.  It takes grit and suffering endurance to make progress...no matter the goal.

Back in early September, I started working out again with Brian Boulware at Titanium Fitness.Since then we have been working hard together and I am getting some nice results.  It is the blood sweat and tears that always proves results and it is hard , but very good.

Recovery from anything takes time...and I remind myself that patience is a must.  And as the turtle, I walk.  I love this phrase:

"You will get to your destination.  But right now , the walk is everything.  Every step is reminding you how to live.  Every breath is a little guru."


Cece

No comments:

Post a Comment