Don't Make Change too Complicated: Just Begin!




Tuesday, June 2, 2015

All The Above


Last week, I was given this song....more like an anthem...a theme song.....and since then this song has been under my skin.  It is in my head, it is in my mind when I turn over while I am sleeping...it is there when I do not know it is there...only for me to discover it there and wonder "how did this song get under my skin like this?"

So, in turn I am giving this song to  you.

Do not listen to this song and say "I'm not gangsta"  Do not listen to it and say, "I've never been to prison."  Do not listen to it and say, "I don't have tats."  Do not listen to it and say "I have no Higher Power."  Do not listen to it and say, "  I hate Rap."  

Listen to it and ask yourself the question, "What is MY prison?  What is the prison that I live in?"  Maybe it's the prison of low self-esteem...the prison of a bad relationship,the prison of giving yourself away to others and having no time for yourself....or maybe it's the prison of poverty or hunger.... the prison of alcoholism or drug addiction...or perhaps it is the prison of always playing it safe and never taking a risk...or perhaps it is the prison of people pleasing....or perhaps the prison is mental illness..or an eating disorder...or...    or.....     or...... ask yourself..."What is my prison?"

Then listen to the words. .......Listen to the music....

.....And let it empower you.




No comments:

Post a Comment