Don't Make Change too Complicated: Just Begin!




Sunday, August 17, 2008

Speed is not the Issue..Repeat after Me!

Having Fun is the issue! I met a friend at the gym last week who is an endurance athlete. He asked for an update on my training. We discussed riding 109 miles and how to get from point A to point B. Six times, and believe me..he counted...he told me " Speed is not the issue ." and told me to repeat this back to him...like a mantra. He told me that he rides a century at 15 mph but he is a seasoned endurance athlete. Needless to say, he told me, your avgs. will be slower than that! He told me , "Having fun is the issue. You are not a racer and this is a fundraiser. Go out and have fun! That is what is important!" Otherwise, he told me..."You are going to work yourself into having and issue!" We do not want that! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment